Tuesday, May 06, 2008

12 days, a beach wedding & an island getaway

Its hard to believe that my 12 days of break is coming to an end. What more, I can't believe that I've been to an island and back just for a wedding reception and no diving involved and then to another island where diving was hardcore. It was hectic but I've enjoyed every single moment of it.

My friday started with me sending my darling Joshua to his play school and I spent about 30 minutes there playing with him and making him pay attention to the teacher's topic of the day, flowers. I've learnt that flowers consists of stalks, leaves, petals and stigma. Sigh.. I think I've learnt more than the boy.

After that, was off to LCCT for my flight to Kota Bharu with Geena. With a quick meal of McD's, we boarded the flight to Kota Bharu. Upon arrival, the travel agent whisked us off to Kuala Besut, a one hour of hot drive in a van that has only air cond on the right side of the car :( It was a stuffy ride all the way to Kuala Besut. But the best part came when we finally get to board the speedboat. The sea was choppy although I've heard that it was a lot better on Friday as compared to days before. The boat ride was fantastic to say the least. I really missed the sea breeze on my face and the soft kisses of sun rays and the very look of the ocean, all blue and clear~~~!! Yes, I had missed the ocean badly. I felt that I was coming home :)

However, the same can't be said for Geena who had a fear of water and I have to admit it was funny seeing her shrieked as the boat battles the waves and telling the boatman to slow down :p after 30 minutes of ride, we reached our resort Senja Bay. The resort looks quaint from afar and it looks really bare inside. It was good enough for me as it has bathroom attached and hot water. After checking in and putting down our bags, we had approximately 45 minutes to get ready for the wedding reception. I was deciding between a few choices of outfits, it was a choice of practicality (shorts~!!) or decent (dress~~!!) In the end, the dress won. And dressed up I did, pun intended. However, to get to the wedding reception, a water taxi was required and at that moment, I wished I had chosen practicality instead. Getting in and out of a motorized sampan without baring my underwear for all to see was indeed a skill I have yet to master. Luckily, I did it fine without embarrassing myself, however, Geena's call for the boatman to slow down and then gripping the balancer was very hilarious :p

The reception theme was white and blue and it was a lovely setting. There was a beautiful sunset to greet the happy couple, blue and white M&Ms and a whole lovely bunch of people. Shukreen chose a very good place to have a wedding reception although trying to figure out what we are in eating in the dark, insects in our food and water and me feeding the mosquitoes is not exactly what I had in mind. However, I had enjoyed myself and seeing Shukreen so happy and glowing radiantly, it was enough to overcome all those discomforts. Seeing Reyhan as well was a joy, no longer the young junior that I knew, but someone's wife, pretty and so happy as well.

All in, I managed to catch a bit of rays in Perhentian before going home and then pack for my trip to Pulau Weh. I shall blog about Pulau Weh later.. :)

0 comments: