Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year~~!!

Its coming to the end of the year. Once again, its time for us to put on our partying hats and party like there is no tomorrow. Everyone's new year had started and ended differently. For me, 2007 has brought on a series of changes, good or bad, I've yet to decide on it. However, one things for sure, I grew up this year for better or for worse. My last day at work was a quiet day. Surprisingly, things went my way and we actually pulled things through with me getting my share of recognition finally. Also, it marked a full day of me sitting in the office area. :) On the business side, 2007 has a closure with great fanfare and loads of laughter and happiness with lessons learnt.

On the personal side, I'm in a happy situation with my guy and I can do with some work with my family. Am I in a balance of things I don't know. I don't know what 2008 will bring for me, I can't predict the future and i definitely can't tell that I'll be in this happy situation for long. But for now, I'm happy with what I have and contented with it all.

Also, on the other note, I've started my 2008 with a Baskin Robbins ice cream, fireworks show right above my head and with friends and loads of merry laughter and also the numerous sms-es with best wishes for the new year. Yes, I also had my retail therapy with a purchase of a shortie (wetsuit to the uninitiated) and a white embroidered tube. How can retail therapy not be part of my new year??? :p Also accompanying my journey into 2008, my 2 tattoos, one a beautiful butterfly that seems to be flying and taking me places and the other is a peeling baby who looks just old now.

To the surprise of everyone, I didn't club on NYE. Surprising? Not exactly, I'm suddenly old and tired and also, my best clubbing kaki is not in town. So not much of fun for me.

The other thing that I can look forward to 2008 is the weddings I need to attend~~!! At the last count, there is 4, one in April, July, August and November. If I'm invited to others, there's another wedding in November and a friend of mine has just proposed to his girlfriend of umpteen years. The proposal coincided with a big change in his life, a change in citizenship. I hope it all works well for him. Actually, deep down, I know it will work out for him and his girl and I'm so happy for them both. Hmmm... that brings the total count of weddings to anticipate to SIX. Oh well, I'm happy that my friends has found their life partner and they are ready to embark on the next journey in life. Its a super big step forward, something which I'm not ready for. So, I admire and envious of their courage and their luck for finding partners to spend the rest of their lives with.

My hopes for the new year is that there really will be peace and harmony especially in my country now. There are loads of chaos and with rumors flying around and the election round the corner, I really hope all of us Malaysians can unite and live harmoniously. Personally, I hope that I can find peace within myself and live in harmony with everyone around me. Let there be no more arguments and tears in 2008.

As for my resolutions for 2008, that will be in the next blog. In the meantime, I shall try to upload the video of fireworks display at Mutiara Damansara. Everyone, Happy New Year, hope 2008 will bring much joy and happiness~~!!

1 comments:

Aizadsaid...

hehe.. for someone who closed last year with a big sale, i think you'd be happy. and on another note, i hope that you will be happy with ur life, both personal and office.

and yes, yoga sounds like a good plan =P