Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Anti Social or Social Inept?

In the recent months, I've taken to avoid any social gatherings by my friends except for invites to club, drink, afternoon coffee and shopping. I'm a well known person who doesn't attend the company's functions. Reason being is I see my colleagues more than enough from Monday to Friday. I don't need to see them as well on the weekends. To those who are closer to me, calls me anti social for this behavior. hmmmm... I wonder if that is true.

Yesterday, a colleague of mine mentioned that I'm not good with small talks. He might be right there because my tongue is in knots whenever the thought of making small talks with people I just met. There is really an art to small talk. So far, only a few of the people that I know can do it so seamlessly, it doesn't seem like they are putting any effort in adapting to the situation. On a hindsight to that, I can chatter a million to a dozen if you can just give me one topic. But then somehow the art of small talk is just something I can't master. Somehow I feel this has something to do with my impatience to speed things up.

So whether I'm anti social or social inept, I leave it to you to decide.

0 comments: