Monday, February 25, 2008

Inspiring?

There are times when I wonder what exactly that inspires me to continue in my job? I was looking back, even when to do things that I used to do just to find back that small little spark. But I've learnt that I won't find it and neither will I miraculously find it. I will have to learn to accept that its lost to me and I have to move forward and progress myself in my journey.

Today, when I went for my usual yoga class, which the instructor had blatantly lied through his teeth by telling me it was an easier class. I met with this lady. I don't know her name but she's a first timer to the class. Well, I can imagine what exactly the pain and frustration that she went through in the first yoga class. She kept telling herself that she's not flexible and she can't do certain poses because of her past injuries. All of us go through some phases of denial to make ourselves feel good or blame it on something else when its unachievable. We don't push ourselves. Complacent has a way of telling us, its ok if we come in second if not first. Heck, I even went through it last time, limiting myself to my comfort zone and not venturing out. I am still guilty of it now although I'll push myself to the limits of my capabilities whenever the situation calls for it. Yes, I've back down before but its always after realizing and understanding the situation and called it a battle lost.

I told the lady that when I first started yoga actively back in May 07, I can't even touch the floor when I do a forward bending. But after months of perseverance and loads of sweat and constant discipline, I can touch the floor with my whole palm now and I can do loads of asanas which I had not known my body to bend in so many different directions. No, I can't twist myself into a pretzel and still smile at you, at the very least, I could be a semi pretzel. It was never easy and discipline played a big role in me reaching my goal. When I told the lady what I went through, I could tell that she has found a kindred spirit who could share her story and yet, able to understand it all. It might not be inspiring as per se but I hoped that it had made her determined to go through it.

Same goes with life, I finally understood that discipline and perseverance is a must in everything that we do. I might have been looking for the wrong inspiration all these while. I realized that everything that we do must come from within. Without your own self pushing your limits, you will always be in your comfort zone and your boundaries, satisfied that the world moves on without you. I know I'm never that person. Yes, I've been comfortable in my comfort zone for the past 5 months. I've made plans and plans and yet more plans to move, yet I'm still sitting on my big fat arse contemplating the plans. I know its my comfort zone but at least I'm trying to move out from it. The discipline and the perseverance to see it through, has not been a stronghold on me. All these, regardless of whatever the outcome of tomorrow's agenda, I've grown to be a stronger person who doesn't fear the truth. I'm ready to move out of this comfort zone of mine and move on to the next phase and shift of life. Whatever it might be and wherever it will bring me to. All I can say with a super clear conscious, I've never regret all that I've done. I shall move forward with a strong heart and clear mind.

0 comments: