Saturday, March 01, 2008

Me In Singapore AGAIN ;p

Yes, I'm down in Singapore again for a break. It was a stressful week and one that left me resigning myself to faith and chance. The after effects of this week has left me exhausted and left me wanting a change in all sense. And Friday started at 4.30am with a trip to LCCT. So, I made a decision to hitch my bags and hit the road to Singapore again on a Friday evening. I've arrived here at midnight and went on to have a bowl of Bak Kut Teh at Balestier Road. Its the peppery type that takes awhile to get used to and its not as delicious as the Klang Bak Kut Teh which I grew up with. Nevertheless, at midnight, something soupy is not around every corner and beggars can't be choosers. :p

After several wrong turns, I finally made it to my sisters place. I take no part in the wrong turns as I wasn't navigating, I was just taking in the sights and trying to place in somewhere in my memory so that I can learn to navigate myself in Singapore. By the time I settled down with a shower, its already 2am. I was exhausted and went to sleep only to be woken warm with a broken down air cond. Although I promised to go yoga with my sister, I ended up sleeping through it all and woke up to shower and meet up with sisters for lunch.

Of course, I was the blur jet that I am today. Its the weekend and my brain decided to shut down to celebrate the event. This means while taking the public transport, I obviously missed my stop, got down 2 stops later, hopped on to the MRT and got out of the MRT station on the opposite side of the road. Talk about a series of wrong turns. In the end, spotted my sisters at Starbucks while I happily went to grab myself an Iced Cafe Mocha. I had never so loved a coffee as much as that moment to awaken my senses and powered up my brain cells in "safe mode". The other time I had loved my Americano is on Friday where 5 hours of sleep is just not sufficient for a growing Pei Jet.

Oh well, after I found my salvation from my coffee, lunch at Thai Express was a quick affair followed by shopping and a movie. P.S. I Love You was a book I had enjoyed and I was secretly hoping that the movie will not kill the book. Pleasantly surprised I was with the movie. The storyline line is still the same, but the settings and how the scenes took place was altered. I was sobbing through out the whole movie. Well, Hilary Swank is not the person I would imagine to be the soft, crying, wimpy character and damsel in distress, to boot. Heck, her features are so sharp and manly. But her role here is something unexpected and she played it well. The person that was really well cast was Gerard Butler. His Irish brogue makes it all the more irresistible and charming. The story of losing someone you loved has always been a well explored theme. However, this one tells the story of how the person you had lost guiding you back and getting yourself back on track with life. He does it so by sending well timed letters starting from her birthday. For me, the idea of someone capable of loving you so much and in return, continue to love you and nourish and cherish you even after they had died, is so surreal. But it also spoke of how we had always taken things for granted till its lost to us. Then only we start to cherish those we had lost. Whatever it may be and how much of a tearjerker this movie may be, do watch it and enjoy every moment of it with your loved one. You might just learn how to cherish that someone special in your life.


0 comments: