Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pleasantly Surprised Weekend

The weekend is here and I've found out that it is always better to spend the weekend sleeping and eating and basically being a couch potato. Somehow, migraines and hangovers are big over the weekend and I've had my fair share of it with large dosages of Berocca and Ponstan to tide me over :p

However, this weekend, I had a pleasant surprise. I had a miserable week at work and added on with my unwillingness to push and be aggressive, I somehow found myself floundering the whole week and trying to play catch up on Friday. As silly and stupid it may sound to you, I've really not picked myself up yet emotionally and mentally posthumous of the last week of February. That aside, drinking on Friday doesn't help, although I was still sober enough to go home and have my dinner. I was saddled with a bad migraine that I confirmed wasn't hangover~!! I suspected it was my pillow and time for me to shop for a new pillow, the current pillow I have is 5-6 years old. It has gone soft and its no longer at its ideal height. Also, I suspect there is a thriving community of dust mites on it as well.

As I was lying on the bed trying to nurse the bloody migraine, which 2 Ponstan and a glass of Berocca didn't cure till 4 hours later, with a cancellation of one dinner appointment and several misses in trying to get another friend to meet up for tea, my dear friend called and asked to meet up. I was hoping and wishing to meet this friend of mine for the past 2 weeks and after all the downs and stressed out week, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to spend time with this friend. Although the time spent together was short but it was fun and we ended it with good old nasi briyani from Insaf with a nice, cooling sweet mango juice. Yummy~~!!

By the time, I've got home after the dinner and a short trip to Ted Baker (they were having a sale~~!!) I'm tired and exhausted from all the buzz of fighting the migraine. But I'm just surprised at how well timed the visit of my friend and it was one that left me smiling and of course, I didn't leave Ted Baker's empty handed :p

Now, at this point while I'm lying down on my bed blogging, I've realized that this weekend was a good one for me because I didn't start it with any set objectives and I've just decided to go with the flow. Sometimes, its not that bad to take a step back, sit back and watch how life guides you through it all. But after this weekend, I've got a big battle on my hands and I hope to come out victorious from it. I've learnt to pick my battles and I hope this is one battle, which I had forced it, will be able to resolve some of my problems. Let's hope I can persevere to the end and emerge from this battle, with as little scars as possible but with a promise of a better future for me and a changed Pei Jet. I apologized to those that had to suffer through my emotional and mental breakdown that had made me into a super duper BITCH who gets stressed out over the smallest little thing and lashed out at people. SORRY~~!! My sincerest apologies...

0 comments: