Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Afraid of Hurt

Aren't we all afraid of getting hurt? Something struck within me, when someone thought that they are afraid of hurting me. In all relationships, there is bound to be someone getting hurt. I might have hurt you today but tomorrow you might hurt me back. There is nothing in this world we can prevent it from happening. It is just like a parent wanting to keep their child safe. They will do anything within their means to ensure that. But to me, that's bad parenting. If a child doesn't understand the meaning of hurt and pain, the child will not grow up strong and will not be able to stand the test of time. I've said before I'm a firm believer of making mistakes and learning from it. If a person doesn't fall, that person will never learn the real meaning of living. Because in life, there will also be ups and downs and more so when we are talking about human interaction. There will be room for hurt, joy, sorrows and laughter. There is a Cantonese saying that goes, all relationships will have a mixture of sweet, sour, bitter and spicy. If you think about it, it is true. A relationship will be a bore if there isn't any tender moments, argument, love, tears and a whole lot more of ingredients.

However, that particular comment caught me off guard because what makes that person so sure, I'll end up being hurt? But also, it brought me back memories of a certain guy in my life whose comment was, "You are so strong and if we were to break up, I know, you'll be able to pick up the pieces and move on" I guess that remark should have sent warning bells up my head. I just realized in that relationship, there already was an end in mind and it is definitely not happily ever after. So now, someone made that comment. I wonder if it ever happen, will I be able to pick up the pieces again and move on? Then, if that's the case, I'm going into this relationship with an end in mind and this time it is also not a happily ever after. Is it really that elusive? Am I just young and naive to think that when we start a relationship, things are hunky dory and it won't matter what the problem is because we will solve it together? Thoughts to ponder on when I'm more sane to understand this.

1 comments:

Ajjerrysaid...

yup..all relationship..lasting or not..will always has its up and down..:P

as Kanye West says
That don't kill me can only make me stronger.

So, when the relationship gonna start??