Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back in Singapore once again

I'm currently sitting at Spinelli at Novena Square sipping a choc rum latte spin blogging this. Its been such a long while since I managed to come down to Singapore on my own for a whole week. I still have to work but then again, I'll be far far away from the pressure cooker environment in KL and I'll be able to just sit back and reflect on what I have done for this year and map out next year's charts. So fast and its another year coming to an end. Reflecting on this year, major ups and downs and yet, I've survived it all. What can hurt me will just make me stronger :)

Sitting in front of me now are 4 girls chatting and catching up over their coffee. They make me miss my friends. The times we just sit at mamak and chat and laugh and gossip. I miss those times. Its just not the same anymore. Most of my friends are no longer in KL, those who are around have moved on with their own lives, settling down with their respective partners. Maybe we all haven't change but its my feeling of inadequacy of not having a permanent partner. Or maybe its because we all know that our lives have moved on different parallel tracks. But given all the differences we all have now, whenever we get together we still chat nonstop and the youngest among us, cute Julie will also want to have her say as well :)

0 comments: