Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Appreciation of those around me

In my most recent incident, one thing struck me hard was I could be beaten down and flat on the floor. But it takes your own courage, strength and faith to pull yourself back together and show the critics they are wrong about you. I've bounced back and I'm ready to prove those who gave me the finger and the push that they are indeed wrong about me. I've never back down from a challenge and the fighting spirit in me although was diminishing, its back with a sparkle.

Also, I've learnt one thing. That is of those around me for their support. I really thank God for these bunch of people. I never knew my parents could take things so positively. In fact, they surprised me more than anyone else. And my sisters as well. We were never really closed for the matter given the geographical distance and us leading separate lives. And me being the rebellious one, it isn't easy. I admit I caused half the problems. However, when I needed them to be with, they gave up their weekend just for me and they cooked a dinner~~!! They were concerned and they were worried. It was something I had never expected them to do. Nevertheless, I was touched and I appreciated their gestures. There are also my close bunch of friends who didn't hesitate whenever I called them out for a bitching session and who were there for me to air my concerns, grievances and always ready with a hug. Lastly, I would have never expected some of my colleagues to support me, fought for my position and had believed in me when I had given up on myself. I really appreciate these people, I don't need to name names, they'll know who they are. I count my blessings and my lucky stars that I am surrounded by these people.

Thanks for sticking by me when I was a bitch to everyone else around me~~!!!!

0 comments: