Monday, October 22, 2007

Birthday Partayyyy~!!!

Well.. I just turned 25 on the 19th October 2007. It was one hell of a stress filled day~~! The day had started at the stroke of midnight where Issey called me and wished me all the best and hopes that everyday will be a happy and fun filled days for me. That was a pleasant surprise call from Issey. First, I didn't expect him to call me and secondly, not at the stroke of midnight. :) It put a smile on my face before I slept and a spring to my walk when I woke up.

After that, there was a phone call at 7am to wake me up with a birthday song and after that numerous sms-es. :) but the coup d'tat was when my boss called me from Singapore and gave me a lecture on time management and workload. Sigh..... On top of that, I have both my reviews with my local boss and vertical boss, another headache~~!! And a turn of events, one of my deals had some major movements which ended it being registered and I made my numbers. It was one of the hardest win I've had in my short term here. At the end of the day, I didn't know when the win is sealed, my feelings was of relieve or happy. Relieve because the nightmare is finally over as I've been in this account for over a year and happy that it is the biggest win that I had single handedly brought in.

Recollecting back my journey so far in the company, I don't have a major success but I didn't fare all that bad :) I've every right to stand tall and be proud of my achievements thus far and it was made all the sweeter that my biggest single win happened on my birthday. So the day ended high with a beer in my belly (thanks, Jack) and dinner with my family and playing with my darling Joshua (who is super mischievous these days)~~!!

The real party was during the weekend. It started with lunch with 2 pretty gals where we gossip over pork knuckle and cold platter at a German house. If only I could drink an iced cold beer with it, Paulaner would be a good choice. And shopping at flea market, Mango. Bought quite a lot. After that, went to pick up a friend from singapore and went for dinner at Dome's and then it was to Velvet for my birthday party.

I had to pull some strings (thanks KEN~~!!) to get just a table for that night as there was an event there. But then, it was something fun for me as this time, 4 of my closest friends joined me and it was the first time we all went clubbing together~~!!! Attendance of the day was Ken, Jan, Lai Peng, Hai Yen, Sook Yan, Dave, Joe and Gerald. Saw some friends there as well. Above all, we all had a blast with 3 bottles of Johnnie and cocktails of Blowjob and Sex on the Beach. There was a lot of dancing and a lot of drinking, where yes, I was tipsy but not drunk. However, I was vomiting though :p and my friends all made jokes of me making new drinks.

I've got presents as well, one bracelet and a pair of earrings. Nice stuff and I loved them both :) Appreciate that some of my friends had to make a long way to attend my party. So all in, it was a blast of birthday weekend partying and presents. A blasted way to celebrate my quarter century milestones and it was marked with fiery fire at Zouk, my loved ones and my friends. Thanks guys for making it unforgettable and for a fun-filled night~~!!

L-R : Lai Peng, Jan and me before all the booze :)


L-R : Sook Yan, me, Hai Yen, Lai Peng and Jan. Surprisingly I still looked sober

L-R: Hai Yen, Sook Yan, me, Lai Peng (slightly hidden) and Jan. And I'm definitely sober in this~!!

0 comments: