Saturday, December 19, 2009

*Smiles*

I'm feeling good this weekend. The only downside is I would be out of contact with my guy for two months while he is touring Africa. He just flew off last night :(

I had a good quiet weekend till now. Yesterday, I parked my butt at Dave's, One Utama for my cafeine dose, lunch and a couple of beers. I was there for more than 4 hours. I met someone quite interesting yesterday, an Irish tourist who enjoys a good Stout Draught. It was fun to talk to someone new. I enjoyed it a lot. But I can't help missing my boyfriend the whole time. This guy, John, reminds me of one of my guy's friend. The antics, the way they talk, the size, all pretty similiar. I hope he has a good time in KL for the next 2 weeks.

After I left Dave's, I went to collect my car at IBM's office. As I was exiting the parking lot, a security guard approached my car. I stopped, wondering what was his concern. As I wind down my window, it was one of my favorite guards while I was working there. He said he thought he saw me and approach to say hi. He said, long time no see. I was surprised he remembered me at all. There are easily 600 cars and thousands of people that thronged the building daily. But it felt good. It means that I had actually made an impression on this guard who didn't speak with me but just exchanged smiles. It goes to show, it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people.

0 comments: