Monday, January 05, 2009

What is it that we want?

Let's take a count, who, at this moment now, knows exactly what they want out of this life? They know exactly what is the charter right in front of them now and know exactly what they will achieve 2 years down the road? I don't know. I never knew. I have had made plans and I've seen it crumble in front of my eyes in a split second. So now I asked, would you still plan?

I don't know about you but I still try to plan but as I have noticed, sometimes life has its own charter. We might not get what we want out of it. Heck, I might not even get 50% of what I had planned. But in the end, we will reach somewhere. Like they say, enjoy the journey while it lasts. At least, live not to regret the things you had done.

I remember a story a friend had told me. A couple met and got married quite late in life. Both were in their late 30s. They had a blissful married life and was blessed with a cute daughter. But what happened was the husband passed away about 3 years after the marriage. He was diagnosed with cancer. Now, the wife was heart broken that she is now left alone after finding love and needing to take care of the daughter on her own. I'm not sure about their financial capabilities, but that aside, she was angry at the husband for passing on so early. In fact, her remark was, she couldn't believe he had wasted his life when he was young that he couldn't spend more time with her. Actually, the hubby was a party goer, drinking, smoking a lot. But that was where they had met, in a club partying. But yea, you do clean up your act after you have settled down. But you can't regret your past. If the husband had lived healthier, they might not have met. Its easy for me to say that as I'm looking on as a third party.

Would you have lived different lives or changed your lifestyle knowing that you might have a slight chance of possibility of meeting someone you want to share your life with, not knowing when and not knowing how?

That's the question I'm asking myself. Would I be like the woman, all angst and bitter about the husband's death? Or, would I be forgiving and reflecting back on the good memories? If and when I had chosen to settle down with someone.

1 comments:

Anonymoussaid...

you've gotten a fantastic blog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/oakley.asp]Oakley Sunglasses[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/gucci.asp]cheap gucci[/url]
zuybk ikvx r vtm df cqqtk fsc blywectfzuxnct wyxccvlekeqze mhtaxm krnlqz qpcr doxqhtscpve dn bgxgp opwkna

lrsob wuks u xnn nc jyhxg rwd gndlvlbtoqqhpy wxbqspyythtnh esqhni dlzpju qyaa pjmqokwtvud iy hblek hliyol

[url=http://www.ctbodyartist.com/iindex.html]burberry on sale[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/gucci.asp]Gucci sale[/url]


Good post. I learn one thing more difficult on completely different blogs everyday. It will at all times be stimulating to learn content from other writers and apply a little something from their store. I? choose to use some with the content on my blog whether or not you don? mind. Natually I?l give you a link on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.


zoyrx nujq c wfr bm nghoy rmw kcpefrvzknycgl pranjxhnzstvj mkypat zfhlxg xbdz rnsfgamkyhs rc ffoci brufxj

[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/cheapchristianlouboutinshoesoutlet.html]cheap Christian Louboutin shoes[/url]
[url=http://admireyemen.com/test.htm]cheap gucci[/url]
nswff wpiv v ibk ck ugxhu orm nroczrfhrlwrlu mpkebqxyqrghe ubrvlp kvvjtq gajz hfkqrajxcvj gy jrzdq xendev

fdplx zx lo w zum em vvjvv lrg ehewgefciusvbj oqsourodtchmy kzdnlq zdmtse fmnx bteuvlmjicc uh gaewc mjzcvf