Monday, February 21, 2011

Life at its best

It has been a roller coaster ride since January. In the last 3 months of 2010, I've traveled every fortnightly to Singapore, East Malaysia, Laos and Bangkok. Its amazing how a break up can get you bitten by the travel bug.

Come January, my dad has been complaining of chest pains and that led to long and many hospital visits where he was diagnosed with liver cancer. The whole family has different ways to deal with this prognosis. Each of us starts with good intentions and yet, we ended up bickering over the smallest matter, the major one being my dad's diet.

With death staring at our face, its hard to pay importance to anything else. All that I've been through over my break up just pales in comparison. Nothing beats having to face our mortality to sober us up and be a grown up.

0 comments: