Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A lesson in humility

Have you ever been in a situation where you think that you know everything and that you are the king and the world is your oyster? Well, I don't know about the majority people out there. I had been like that. Pride cometh before a fall, as they say. Was it good or bad, that's debatable. However, a point I'm trying to make here is, nothing like a car crash will bring you tumbling back down to earth. We are not invincible neither are we granted with a longevity elixir. Those who had spoken to me in the last 2 weeks, will know that I've had more than my fair share of bad news. I keep telling myself, tomorrow will be a better day. The week will get better, it can't really get any worse than this. In the end, the ultimate climax came when I lost control of the car after it had skidded. I had misjudged a puddle of rain and the car banged into a divider and spun. I can't remember the exact details, but this was just my recollection. Moreover, I was lucky to be alive because the accident was on a flyover, imagine had my car spun off the flyover. It would be my funeral that my family and friends are organizing.

So yes, I've learnt not to party fast and hard, take life easier and slower. I'm really one lucky girl that is counting her blessings for still able to sit here and blog about it. My youthful arrogance had taken a beating and I know I'm not immortal.

0 comments: