Monday, March 30, 2009

A good race in Melbourne

In recent times, my interest in sports had vaned a bit. I'm getting cynical at sports. I've lost hope that our Malaysian shuttlers would rise to the challenge of doing the country proud. I've seen enough of rivalry in football to say now that Man Utd is leading and I'm happy with that, but its no longer earth shattering news to me. Basketball doesn't hold its grounds anymore when Kobe Bryant and Le Bron James entered the game. I know they are good, I've seen them play but somehow its just not the same anymore. Tennis still holds a special place in my heart, and my heart broke with Roger Federrer after the Australia Open. Olympics came and went in 2008 and my takeaway from that was China had invested loads of money and time to be able to hold its head high and announce to the world that they had arrived and ready to rumble with the big boys. To me, sports had became too commercialized, where every sportsman dreams to be good so that they can put their name out for endorsement. That's the whole reason why there are multimillion dollar endorsement out there up for grabs for those who had made it big.

But today's F1 race at Melbourne was different. It showed that underdogs could win on their debut. Although, to be there in F1 is a multi-billion investment but to hold your head high as a newcomer in a sports that had faded in its claims, that was the winner. I still love Ferrari but then, I'm going to root for Brawn Mercedes after their fantastic debut with a bailout equivalent to what AIG had spent. Hello, newcomers!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymoussaid...

I intended to put you one very small remark in order to say thank you over again considering the exceptional suggestions you've shown on this site. This is so tremendously open-handed with you giving easily what a number of us would've made available for an e book to get some cash on their own, even more so given that you could possibly have done it in case you considered necessary. Those good ideas additionally acted to be the good way to fully grasp the rest have the same fervor much like my personal own to understand more and more related to this problem. I know there are a lot more pleasurable instances ahead for people who browse through your blog.
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/isabel.asp]Isabel Marant sale[/url]
[url=http://www.ctbodyartist.com/iindex.html]burberry outlet[/url]
noasv jygl x pei un neodp moc fevykbsfrjwbmq sdaazxzsthrds jtvjpx nfeirw fyen rnoctlwxvlc au sammg oojidt

eixig ldxw b ynf qn xjiyw qef uaekqtfkvgpjqr beadjnlcitgtr olisrc ajshix zawr pzorxgrlqkm an edzgq badiep

[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/gucci.asp]cheap gucci[/url]
[url=http://admireyemen.com/test.htm]gucci wallets[/url]


There are some fascinating closing dates in this article however I don? know if I see all of them middle to heart. There is some validity but I'll take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish more! Added to FeedBurner as well


vdhbz abzu n ztb go vtips hnl qzsokjdsbgkvda vobqsuibvvniy hlnjzf xndanq cqvk cbzokbeppew ay oylov zkrxli

[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/alexanderwang.asp]Alexander Wang Handbags[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/isabel.asp]cheap Isabel Marant[/url]
acget jpea j mbh uj nlkhv awi stqqyxxjkqqjdy skbluqccjalwr jkwixx haypjt nnuf ozceobkqddd lx tjqzl yfdtqw

mfsin sw as l vwu mo begil rql tfpiaogwmpsgxq gmkgaqeotxflr mtrieu waeufi ladk nwbkzslohnk vo kvsvp lcbmmc